Properly setting my PERL5LIB for CPAN modules

Discussion in 'Perl Misc' started by vfoley@gmail.com, Jul 27, 2006.

  1. Guest

    Hello,

    I am a new Perl programmer and I would need some help with CPAN
    modules. During the configuration part of CPAN, I asked that the
    modules be installed in ~/perl. This gave me a directory structure,
    however I am not sure which directory/ies I should put in my PERL5LIB
    variable. This is the current setup:

    perl/
    lib/
    perl/
    5.8.7/
    auto/
    Term/
    ReadKey/
    Date/
    Manip/
    Term/
    share/
    perl/
    5.8.7/
    Date/
    man/
    man3/

    Should I add only the top-most perl directory and Perl will recursively
    check down that directory, or do I need to specify something like
    "~/perl/lib/perl/5.8.7" ?

    I'm also curious on the difference between lib and share.

    Thank you for you time,

    Vincent.
    , Jul 27, 2006