PropertyExtender can affect render??

Arthur Dent

I was thinking for learning to write a propertyextender class which would
add some extra attributes to a controls on a form before rendering.
Can i actually do this though? Would a property extender be able to somehow
hook into the rendering life of the form and to add or alter the properties
of a control before it renders?

Thanks in advance,
- Arthur Dent.

Teemu Keiski

Hi,

if you are working with ASP.NET 2.0, it already has adaptive control
behavior where control or page can (or better saying will) have associated
Adapter object (ControlAdapter base type), which is capable to access the
control in various stages of control lifecycle as well as modify the
rendering of the control

Architectural Overview of Adaptive Control Behavior
http://msdn2.microsoft.com/en-US/library/67276kc5(VS.80).aspx

ControlAdapter Class
http://msdn2.microsoft.com/en-us/library/system.web.ui.adapters.controladapter(VS.80).aspx