PROS/CONS: #define BEGIN {

Kevin Handy

Mike said:
A colleague of mine is proposing that we use a set of preprocessor
definitions to make our C code more readable:

#define BEGIN {
#define ENG }
#define EQ ==
etc.

My initial reaction is "Yuck!" (Not too different from the FAQ, which just
says "Bleah").

Why not go all the way, and just program in PASCAL or COBAL?
If you don't like the language, why use it?
Why waste time doing a half-assed job of switching to
anopther language?

I assume you plan on never using any code analysis tools,
which are likely to barf on the hacked-up syntax.

I also assume you don't expect any outsiders to ever see your
code, especially people buying your product. It would be a
BIG negitive to me if I saw that stuff.