protect calling files directly?

xman

I am create username and password protectel web panel with perl and it all
work with html pages inside! but possible is call .jpg. .gig or any other
file stored inside my panel directly from web..

I have company secure documents and I wish not that it can be visible at the
web after I am login..

any advices?

Scott Bryce

xman said:
RE: it is advice or joke?

Probably advice.

This subject is off topic here, so you may want to ask this in a
different newsgroup. The question you want to ask yourself is, why are
you putting files on your web server if you don't want people to
download them?

If you are looking for a scheme that allows protected access to files,
ask this question in comp.infosystems.www.authoring.cgi or another
newsgroup where it is on topic.

Paul Lalli

xman said:
I am create username and password protectel web panel with perl and it all
work with html pages inside! but possible is call .jpg. .gig or any other
file stored inside my panel directly from web..

I have company secure documents and I wish not that it can be visible at the
web after I am login..

You haven't shown us anything about this web panel, so we have no idea
how it operates.

In the most general sense, anything you want not visible on the web
shouldn't be stored in any directory visible from the web.

This, of course, has nothing to do with Perl. Perhaps you would get a
better answer from one of the newsgroups that deals with webserver
configurations.

Paul Lalli

PHP2

You haven't shown us anything about this web panel, so we have no idea
how it operates.
RE: have too much code... usual panel like any other where you login with
username and password..

In the most general sense, anything you want not visible on the web
shouldn't be stored in any directory visible from the web.
RE: yes, I am alone mean about that.. and it is one of solutions! But how
publish these fies from NO public server folder that be showed inm web panel
than!

This, of course, has nothing to do with Perl. Perhaps you would get a
better answer from one of the newsgroups that deals with webserver
configurations.
RE: who say it? I can be adviser like any other here on tzhat way... it is
Perl case and if someone help me not here I'll again fin way solve it with
PERL :)

RedGrittyBrick

PHP2 wrote:

RE: who say it?

The comp.lang.per.misc posting guidelines say so,
See http://mail.augustmail.com/~tadmc/clpmisc/clpmisc_guidelines.html
I can be adviser like any other here on tzhat way...

No you can't. People posting on-topic questions will get better advise.
it is Perl case

Your problem is not with Perl. Your problem is (presumably) how to
secure documents in a web-server. Your problem would be the same if you
were implementing your solution in any other language.
and if someone help me not here I'll again fin way solve it with
PERL :)

No, you may find a solution to the problem which you may then implement
in any one of many languages, whether you choose Perl to implement a
solution has no bearing on the problem itself or the method of resolving it.