    I have company secure documents and I wish not that it can be visible at the
    web after I am login..

    any advices?
    xman, Sep 29, 2005

  2. xman wrote:

    > I have company secure documents and I wish not that it can be visible at
    > the web after I am login..
    >
    > any advices?

    Delete them.

    gtoomey
    Gregory Toomey, Sep 29, 2005

  3. xman

    xman Guest

    > Delete them.
    >
    > gtoomey

    RE: it is advice or joke?
    xman, Sep 29, 2005
  4. xman

    Scott Bryce Guest

    xman wrote:

    >>Delete them.
    >>
    >>gtoomey

    > RE: it is advice or joke?

    Probably advice.

    This subject is off topic here, so you may want to ask this in a
    different newsgroup. The question you want to ask yourself is, why are
    you putting files on your web server if you don't want people to
    download them?

    If you are looking for a scheme that allows protected access to files,
    ask this question in comp.infosystems.www.authoring.cgi or another
    newsgroup where it is on topic.
    Scott Bryce, Sep 29, 2005
  5. xman

    Paul Lalli Guest

    xman wrote:
    > I am create username and password protectel web panel with perl and it all
    > work with html pages inside! but possible is call .jpg. .gig or any other
    > file stored inside my panel directly from web..
    >
    > I have company secure documents and I wish not that it can be visible at the
    > web after I am login..

    You haven't shown us anything about this web panel, so we have no idea
    how it operates.

    In the most general sense, anything you want not visible on the web
    shouldn't be stored in any directory visible from the web.

    This, of course, has nothing to do with Perl. Perhaps you would get a
    better answer from one of the newsgroups that deals with webserver
    configurations.

    Paul Lalli
    Paul Lalli, Sep 29, 2005
  6. xman

    PHP2 Guest

    <>>
    > You haven't shown us anything about this web panel, so we have no idea
    > how it operates.

    RE: have too much code... usual panel like any other where you login with
    username and password..

    > In the most general sense, anything you want not visible on the web
    > shouldn't be stored in any directory visible from the web.

    RE: yes, I am alone mean about that.. and it is one of solutions! But how
    publish these fies from NO public server folder that be showed inm web panel
    than!

    > This, of course, has nothing to do with Perl. Perhaps you would get a
    > better answer from one of the newsgroups that deals with webserver
    > configurations.

    RE: who say it? I can be adviser like any other here on tzhat way... it is
    Perl case and if someone help me not here I'll again fin way solve it with
    PERL :)
    PHP2, Sep 30, 2005
  7. PHP2 wrote:

    <snip: barely intelligible question about web-server document security>

    >Paul Lalli wrote:
    >>This, of course, has nothing to do with Perl. Perhaps you would get a
    >>better answer from one of the newsgroups that deals with webserver
    >>configurations.

    > RE: who say it?

    The comp.lang.per.misc posting guidelines say so,
    See http://mail.augustmail.com/~tadmc/clpmisc/clpmisc_guidelines.html

    > I can be adviser like any other here on tzhat way...

    No you can't. People posting on-topic questions will get better advise.

    > it is Perl case

    Your problem is not with Perl. Your problem is (presumably) how to
    secure documents in a web-server. Your problem would be the same if you
    were implementing your solution in any other language.

    > and if someone help me not here I'll again fin way solve it with
    > PERL :)

    No, you may find a solution to the problem which you may then implement
    in any one of many languages, whether you choose Perl to implement a
    solution has no bearing on the problem itself or the method of resolving it.
    RedGrittyBrick, Oct 2, 2005