    at line ..." contains a call to the LWP module as follows: "use
    LWP::Simple;"

    Why am I getting this error in the error log?

    Aaron DeLoach, Jun 5, 2004

  2. Aaron DeLoach

    Anno Siegel Guest

    Aaron DeLoach <> wrote in comp.lang.perl.misc:
    > The line that produces the error: "Prototype mismatch: sub main::head vs ($)
    > at line ..." contains a call to the LWP module as follows: "use
    > LWP::Simple;"
    >
    > Why am I getting this error in the error log?

    You have probably defined a function named "head" elsewhere in your
    program. When LWP::Simple tries to export its function "head", Perl
    reports a clash. Whether the function is defined in your program,
    or imported from somewhere else is anyone's guess, since you show
    no code.

    Anno

    Anno Siegel, Jun 5, 2004

  3. Aaron DeLoach

    Ben Morrow Guest

    Quoth -berlin.de (Anno Siegel):
    > Aaron DeLoach <> wrote in comp.lang.perl.misc:
    > > The line that produces the error: "Prototype mismatch: sub main::head vs ($)
    > > at line ..." contains a call to the LWP module as follows: "use
    > > LWP::Simple;"
    > >
    > > Why am I getting this error in the error log?

    > You have probably defined a function named "head" elsewhere in your
    > program. When LWP::Simple tries to export its function "head", Perl
    > reports a clash. Whether the function is defined in your program,
    > or imported from somewhere else is anyone's guess, since you show
    > no code.

    Applying PSI::ESP: see the section 'CAVEAT' of perldoc LWP::Simple.

    Ben

    --
    Like all men in Babylon I have been a proconsul; like all, a slave ... During
    one lunar year, I have been declared invisible; I shrieked and was not heard,

    Ben Morrow, Jun 5, 2004