Pssst. Ruwiki 0.9.0 is live...

Austin Ziegler

Okay, it's too early -- or too late -- to actually release this
tonight, but I wanted to give people a chance to play with a Ruwiki
0.9.0 instance on RubyForge. One of the first things that you'll
notice is that the edit buttons are *not* present on your initial
visit, unless you have signed into RubyForge for the day.

Yes, I'm authenticating against the RubyForge user/session database.

Cool.

I'll make a full release and proper announcement of everything
tomorrow, complete with .tar.gz and RubyGems release, and Batsman has
promised an RPA release very quickly after that.

This is a big change, folks -- and there's bigger changes to come in
the new year.

http://ruwiki.rubyforge.org/ruwiki.cgi

-austin

gabriele renzi

Austin Ziegler ha scritto:
Okay, it's too early -- or too late -- to actually release this
tonight, but I wanted to give people a chance to play with a Ruwiki
0.9.0 instance on RubyForge. One of the first things that you'll
notice is that the edit buttons are *not* present on your initial
visit, unless you have signed into RubyForge for the day.

nice, thanks
Yes, I'm authenticating against the RubyForge user/session database.

Cool.
indeed :)

Anyway, I don't think that editing a locked page should give this error:

Error: Error creating lock on Default::projectIndex: Permission denied -
../data/Default/ProjectIndex.ruwiki.lock<br />
Error: Error creating lock on Default::projectIndex: Permission denied -
../data/Default/ProjectIndex.ruwiki.lock<br />
/var/www/gforge-projects/ruwiki/lib/ruwiki/backend/flatfiles.rb:134:in
`initialize'<br
/>\n/var/www/gforge-projects/ruwiki/lib/ruwiki/backend/flatfiles.rb:134:in
`open'<br
/>\n/var/www/gforge-projects/ruwiki/lib/ruwiki/backend/flatfiles.rb:134:in
`obtain_lock'<br
/>\n/var/www/gforge-projects/ruwiki/lib/ruwiki/backend.rb:151:in
`obtain_lock'<br
/>\n/var/www/gforge-projects/ruwiki/lib/ruwiki.rb:367:in
`process_page'<br
/>\n/var/www/gforge-projects/ruwiki/lib/ruwiki.rb:175:in `run'<br
/>\n/var/www/gforge-projects/ruwiki/ruwiki.cgi:92

Send the Wiki maintainer a report by email. Send report.

/var/www/gforge-projects/ruwiki/lib/ruwiki/backend.rb:156:in `obtain_lock'
/var/www/gforge-projects/ruwiki/lib/ruwiki.rb:367:in `process_page'
/var/www/gforge-projects/ruwiki/lib/ruwiki.rb:175:in `run'
/var/www/gforge-projects/ruwiki/ruwiki.cgi:92

(Just happened while editing the homepage)

mh... same error editing SandBox..

Chad Fowler

Austin Ziegler ha scritto:

nice, thanks

[...]

Austin just fixed this, It wasn't a Ruwiki bug but a permissions
error with his installation on RubyForge.
--

Chad Fowler
http://chadfowler.com

Austin Ziegler

Austin Ziegler ha scritto:
indeed :)

Anyway, I don't think that editing a locked page should give this error:

Well, it is giving an error right now -- I may change that because in
the last days of editing Ruwiki 0.9.0 I added a non-error message
mechanism. I may change this before the final release today.

However, the lock error was a directory permission problem on
RubyForge and this has been fixed. A couple of other problems have
been fixed as well.

-austin

gabriele renzi

Austin Ziegler ha scritto:
Well, it is giving an error right now -- I may change that because in
the last days of editing Ruwiki 0.9.0 I added a non-error message
mechanism. I may change this before the final release today.

However, the lock error was a directory permission problem on
RubyForge and this has been fixed. A couple of other problems have
been fixed as well.

wonderful seems to work now.
Now, maybe there is a tiny problem /but maybe it is not) with wikiwords.
It seem that while non ascii characters are allowed in [[wikipedia
style]] links they break when used with WikiWords. See Tutorial::SandBox
for an example.
I guess it is hard/impossible to fix, due to how regexen works in ruby,
but maybe it should be pointed out on the WikiMarkup page.

Also, since there is support for ruby-talk/core/dev specialized markup,
maybe an RCR:<num> tag could be useful too.

Great software anyway :)