Psyco on PowerPC?

Han Benjamin

Is anyone aware of any effort in bringing Psyco onto other platforms,
esp. PowerPC (Mac OS X)? I checked the website but it's still stated as
X86 only.

Thanks,

Ben

Benjamin Han

Ok here is what I did

1. pulled the latest CVS
2. did a "python setup.py install"
3. ran this testing program:

-- CUT --
#!/usr/bin/env python

import time
import psyco

def f (x):
p1=p2=ret=0
for i in xrange(0,x+1):
if i==1:
p1=ret=1
else:
ret=p2+p1
p2=p1
p1=ret

return ret

startTime=time.time()
print f(100000)
endTime=time.time()
print '* Elapsed time =',endTime-startTime

fastF=psyco.proxy(f)
startTime=time.time()
print fastF(99)
endTime=time.time()
print '* Elapsed time =',endTime-startTime
-- CUT --

The result (on my PowerBook G4):

2597406.... (big number)
* Elapsed time = 2.41602706909
Fatal Python error: psyco: out of memory
Abort trap

I have 1 GB memory. Maybe it's still in the early development stage?

Thanks,

Ben

Andrew MacIntyre

Ok here is what I did

1. pulled the latest CVS
2. did a "python setup.py install"
3. ran this testing program:
{...}

The result (on my PowerBook G4):

2597406.... (big number)
* Elapsed time = 2.41602706909
Fatal Python error: psyco: out of memory
Abort trap

I have 1 GB memory. Maybe it's still in the early development stage?

As its not part of a public psyco release, I think that would be a safe
assumption.