    X86 only.

    Thanks,

    Ben
    Han Benjamin, Jan 23, 2004

  2. Hi Ben,

    Directly from Armin

    http://codespeak.net/pipermail/pypy-dev/2003q3/002219.html

    Haven't try it myself though.

    Please post here any success/failure you may experience in Mac OSX.

    Hope this helps.

    --roberto

    Roberto Lopez-Gulliver, Jan 24, 2004

  3. Han Benjamin

    Benjamin Han Guest

    Ok here is what I did

    1. pulled the latest CVS
    2. did a "python setup.py install"
    3. ran this testing program:

    -- CUT --
    #!/usr/bin/env python

    import time
    import psyco

    def f (x):
    p1=p2=ret=0
    for i in xrange(0,x+1):
    if i==1:
    p1=ret=1
    else:
    ret=p2+p1
    p2=p1
    p1=ret

    return ret

    startTime=time.time()
    print f(100000)
    endTime=time.time()
    print '* Elapsed time =',endTime-startTime

    fastF=psyco.proxy(f)
    startTime=time.time()
    print fastF(99)
    endTime=time.time()
    print '* Elapsed time =',endTime-startTime
    -- CUT --

    The result (on my PowerBook G4):

    2597406.... (big number)
    * Elapsed time = 2.41602706909
    Fatal Python error: psyco: out of memory
    Abort trap

    I have 1 GB memory. Maybe it's still in the early development stage?

    Thanks,

    Ben

    On Sat, 23 Jan 2004, Roberto Lopez-Gulliver wrote:

    > Hi Ben,
    >
    > Directly from Armin
    >
    > http://codespeak.net/pipermail/pypy-dev/2003q3/002219.html
    >
    > Haven't try it myself though.
    >
    > Please post here any success/failure you may experience in Mac OSX.
    >
    > Hope this helps.
    >
    > --roberto
    >
    > Han Benjamin <> wrote in message news:<>...
    > > Is anyone aware of any effort in bringing Psyco onto other platforms,
    > > esp. PowerPC (Mac OS X)? I checked the website but it's still stated as
    > > X86 only.
    > >
    > > Thanks,
    > >
    > > Ben

    ---
    Benjamin Han (http://www.cs.cmu.edu/~benhdj)

    Language Technologies Institute, School of Computer Science
    Carnegie Mellon University
    Benjamin Han, Jan 24, 2004
  4. On Sat, 24 Jan 2004, Benjamin Han wrote:

    > Ok here is what I did
    >
    > 1. pulled the latest CVS
    > 2. did a "python setup.py install"
    > 3. ran this testing program:

    {...}

    > The result (on my PowerBook G4):
    >
    > 2597406.... (big number)
    > * Elapsed time = 2.41602706909
    > Fatal Python error: psyco: out of memory
    > Abort trap
    >

    > I have 1 GB memory. Maybe it's still in the early development stage?

    As its not part of a public psyco release, I think that would be a safe
    assumption.

    --
    Andrew I MacIntyre "These thoughts are mine alone..."
    E-mail: (pref) | Snail: PO Box 370
    Andrew MacIntyre, Jan 25, 2004