pushlet application

raavi

Hi
i am now involved in a telnet application.i am using struts frame
work for the application.using some jsp i have to display the contents
retrieved when a telnet connection is established.the program is
working fine for a single command.but if i have to supply multiple
commands then the connection with the action servlet should exist
forever.how is this possible? using some pushlet framework is this
possible? if anyone has any idea pls do tell me.Thanks in advance

Luke Webber

raavi said:
Hi
i am now involved in a telnet application.i am using struts frame
work for the application.using some jsp i have to display the contents
retrieved when a telnet connection is established.the program is
working fine for a single command.but if i have to supply multiple
commands then the connection with the action servlet should exist
forever.how is this possible? using some pushlet framework is this
possible? if anyone has any idea pls do tell me.Thanks in advance

The way I do this is by keeping a pool of telnet connections alive and
cycling through them in a servlet, rather than having a one-to-one
correspondence between HTTP sessions and telnet sessions.

Luke

raavi

Luke said:
The way I do this is by keeping a pool of telnet connections alive and
cycling through them in a servlet, rather than having a one-to-one
correspondence between HTTP sessions and telnet sessions.

Luke
Hi
as u said , how is this cycling of telnet connections in a servlet
possible? pls tell me in detail.Thanks in advance

raavi

Hi
if anyone knows how to set the session time for telnet connections
pls do tell me

Andrew Thompson

raavi said:
Hi
if anyone knows how to set the session time for telnet connections
pls do tell me

Please ..
a) Do get used to 'usenet time', which means waiting as much
48 hours for a reply before 'prompting' (as opposed to 4 hours)
b) Make full use of the glorious bandwidth offered to usenet users
by fully spelling such words as 'please'.

Luke Webber

raavi said:
Hi
as u said , how is this cycling of telnet connections in a servlet
possible? pls tell me in detail.Thanks in advance

It's far too complex to go into full detail in a Usenet post, but
basically you need a pool class that will take care of locking and
releasing the telnet connections in a thread-safe manner, and queueing
requests for a given time limit if they're all occupied. You also need
to ensure that any telnet connections which aren't responding get
disconnected and reconnected.

Luke