    what software would i need to compress the files with
    and what are the basic rules / standards i should follow.

    thank you very much.
    the idiot, May 11, 2005

  2. the idiot

    Mark Parnell Guest

    Mark Parnell, May 11, 2005

  3. the idiot

    the idiot Guest

    "Mark Parnell" <> wrote in message
    news:...
    > Previously in alt.html, the idiot <> said:
    >
    > > what software would i need to compress the files with

    > There are any number of programs around. Take your pick. I'd recommend
    > making it available in several common formats, e.g. Windows Media
    > Player, RealPlayer, QuickTime...
    >
    > > and what are the basic rules / standards i should follow.

    > http://www.spartanicus.utvinternet.ie/embed.htm#audiovideo is a good
    > start.

    cheers sir.
    the idiot, May 11, 2005
  4. the idiot wrote:
    > someone ive just finished a website for is now asking if it is possible to
    > put some excerpts/trailers of his films on it.... i have never done this
    > before.
    > what software would i need to compress the files with
    > and what are the basic rules / standards i should follow.
    > thank you very much.

    If they want the video to be a part of the website, then google "embed
    video html" you will be rewarded with a ton of sample code. However,
    this method, while looking the best, is not usable by all. so you
    should also include a link to the media file that the person can download.

    --
    -=tn=-
    Travis Newbury, May 11, 2005
  5. the idiot

    the idiot Guest

    "Travis Newbury" <> wrote in message
    > the idiot wrote:
    > > someone ive just finished a website for is now asking if it is possible

    > > put some excerpts/trailers of his films on it.... i have never done this
    > > before.
    > > what software would i need to compress the files with
    > > and what are the basic rules / standards i should follow.
    > > thank you very much.

    > If they want the video to be a part of the website, then google "embed
    > video html" you will be rewarded with a ton of sample code. However,
    > this method, while looking the best, is not usable by all. so you
    > should also include a link to the media file that the person can download.

    having the choice is a good idea - i will do that.

    still unsure as to what is the best software though - mainly because i am a
    computer illiterate and dont understand jargon..
    the idiot, May 11, 2005
  6. the idiot wrote:

    > still unsure as to what is the best software though - mainly because i am a
    > computer illiterate and dont understand jargon..

    When you encounter some, look it up.

    --
    Blinky Linux Registered User 297263
    Blinky the Shark, May 11, 2005
  7. the idiot

    the idiot Guest

    "Blinky the Shark" <> wrote in message
    > the idiot wrote:
    >
    > > still unsure as to what is the best software though - mainly because i

    am a
    > > computer illiterate and dont understand jargon..

    > When you encounter some, look it up.

    ive tried that trick before and ended up being even more confused ;-)
    the idiot, May 11, 2005
  8. the idiot

    SpaceGirl Guest

    the idiot wrote:
    > someone ive just finished a website for is now asking if it is possible to
    > put some excerpts/trailers of his films on it.... i have never done this
    > before.
    >
    > what software would i need to compress the files with
    > and what are the basic rules / standards i should follow.
    >
    > thank you very much.

    The very best way is via Flash. You get MUCH smaller cleaner video in
    the Flash 7 player than any of the other formats mentione in this
    thread, and it's MUCH easier to do as well. The Flash player supports
    the Sorenson video format which is DV (MPEG) quality. Fire up a copy of
    Flash MX 2004 pro and you can do all this stuff drag-and drop. You have
    to worry a lot less about what player they have/what can be embeded etc
    etc as the Flash plugin (which most people have) already does - and if
    they dont have it, it just takes a few minutes to install (it's tiny).

    --

    x theSpaceGirl (miranda)

    SpaceGirl, May 11, 2005
  9. the idiot

    the idiot Guest

    "SpaceGirl" <> wrote in message
    > the idiot wrote:
    > > someone ive just finished a website for is now asking if it is possible

    > > put some excerpts/trailers of his films on it.... i have never done this
    > > before.
    > >
    > > what software would i need to compress the files with
    > > and what are the basic rules / standards i should follow.
    > >
    > > thank you very much.
    > >

    > The very best way is via Flash. You get MUCH smaller cleaner video in
    > the Flash 7 player than any of the other formats mentione in this
    > thread, and it's MUCH easier to do as well. The Flash player supports
    > the Sorenson video format which is DV (MPEG) quality. Fire up a copy of
    > Flash MX 2004 pro and you can do all this stuff drag-and drop. You have
    > to worry a lot less about what player they have/what can be embeded etc
    > etc as the Flash plugin (which most people have) already does - and if
    > they dont have it, it just takes a few minutes to install (it's tiny).
    >
    > --

    thankyou i shall look into this as well. crumbs, my head will be hurting by
    the end of the week.
    the idiot, May 11, 2005