    has developed ruby tools to speak with Serena PVCS (Formerly, Merrant
    PVCS (Formerly, Intersolv PVCS))?

    There I asked it. Now I can be disappointed.

    Erich Timkar, Aug 30, 2006

  2. Erich Timkar

    Tim Pease Guest

    On 8/30/06, Erich Timkar <> wrote:
    > So, I'm going to ask this question knowing full well that I'm going to
    > be grossly disappointed in the answer; however, I have to try.
    >
    > <clearing throat>
    >
    > Has anyone within the sound of this post developed or heard anyone who
    > has developed ruby tools to speak with Serena PVCS (Formerly, Merrant
    > PVCS (Formerly, Intersolv PVCS))?
    >
    > There I asked it. Now I can be disappointed.

    Eeeewww! Our company just switched to Change Synergy from Telelogic
    (not much better).

    Does good ol' Poly-Vinyl Chloride System have a command line
    interface? If so, then you can just wrapper it with IO::popen and
    expect. Unfortunately, it has not been on my machine for a year or
    two now, and all memories have faded into blissful obscurity.

    Blessings,
    TwP
    Tim Pease, Aug 30, 2006

  3. On 8/30/06, Tim Pease <> wrote:
    > Eeeewww! Our company just switched to Change Synergy from Telelogic
    > (not much better).

    Wait, you migrated *to* Change Synergy?

    Source control gets worse than that?
    Richard Conroy, Aug 30, 2006
  4. Erich Timkar

    Erich Timkar Guest

    > Source control gets worse than that?
    There is nothing (I repeat: NOTHING) that is worse than PVCS.

    Erich Timkar, Aug 30, 2006
  5. Erich Timkar

    Tim Pease Guest

    On 8/30/06, Richard Conroy <> wrote:
    > On 8/30/06, Tim Pease <> wrote:
    > > Eeeewww! Our company just switched to Change Synergy from Telelogic
    > > (not much better).

    > Wait, you migrated *to* Change Synergy?
    >
    > Source control gets worse than that?

    Ahh yes, Synergy. I can't say enough good things about it ;)

    The little goup I work with gets to use subversion and Trac, though.
    We were grandfathered in before the big switch to Synergy took place.
    We were the lucky ones.

    TwP
    Tim Pease, Aug 30, 2006
  6. =20

    I didn't know people still used PVCS. Wow. You made my day. :>
    We switched to Perforce from PVCS about 5 years ago and the day we
    switched was a great day indeed.
    It's not what you wanted to hear, but I have a feeling you probably
    won't find many other people using PVCS. :(

    Good luck!

    Patrick
    Bennett, Patrick, Aug 30, 2006
  7. On 8/30/06, Erich Timkar <> wrote:
    > > Source control gets worse than that?

    > There is nothing (I repeat: NOTHING) that is worse than PVCS.

    ENDEVOR.

    Trust me. Nothing is worse than ENDEVOR. Not even PVCS.

    -austin
    --
    Austin Ziegler * * http://www.halostatue.ca/
    * * http://www.halostatue.ca/feed/
    Austin Ziegler, Aug 30, 2006
  8. On 8/30/06, Bennett, Patrick <> wrote:
    > We switched to Perforce from PVCS about 5 years ago and the day we
    > switched was a great day indeed.

    When we switched from Synergy to Subversion, the clouds broke, sun
    started to shine, and lambs and kittens started playing in the blooming
    meadows around our office ....
    Richard Conroy, Aug 30, 2006