py-rrdTool - install fails

guthrie

I want to do some rrd in a python cgi script, but am having trouble
getting an easy install module.

py-rrdTool looks good, but is distributed in c source, and is missing
a header file in the distribution. Thus the install fails when it
tries to reference rrd.h which is not there.

Are there better rrd modules to use, or a compiled version of this, or
other suggestions?
building 'rrdtool._rrdtool' extension
C:\Program Files\Microsoft Visual Studio 9.0\VC\BIN\cl.exe /c /nologo /
Ox /MD /W3 /GS- /DNDEBUG -I/usr/local\include "-IE:\PLang\Active Python
\include" "-IE:\PLang\Active Python\PC" /Tcsrc/_rrdtoolmodule.c /
Fobuild\temp.win32-2.6\Release\src/_rrdtoolmodule.obj
_rrdtoolmodule.c
src/_rrdtoolmodule.c(34) : fatal error C1083: Cannot open include
file: 'rrd.h': No such file or directory
error: command '"C:\Program Files\Microsoft Visual Studio 9.0\VC\BIN
\cl.exe"' failed with exit status 2

C:\Documents and Settings\guthrie\Desktop\py-rrdtool-0.2.1>

guthrie

guthrie schrieb:

rrd.h is part of the rrdtools. You need to install rrdtools plus all its
dependencies. Have a lot of fun ;)

Christian

Thanks;
I got py-rrttool-0.2.1 from sourceforge, but in its src directory it
has only 3 files,
_rrdtoolmodule.c, rrd_extra.h, and rrd_format.h

http://sourceforge.net/projects/py-rrdtool/files/py-rrdtool/0.2.1/

(same for site: http://www.nongnu.org/py-rrdtool/ )

Where should I be looking for other dependencies?

I installed rrdtools.exe, and don't see any rrd.h file in that
hierarchy.