py2exe 0.5.4 released

Thomas Heller

**py2exe 0.5.4** released
===================================

py2exe is a Python distutils extension which converts python scripts
into executable windows programs, able to run without requiring a
python installation. Console and Windows (GUI) applications, windows
NT services, exe and dll COM servers are supported.

Changes in this release:

* The new ``--xref`` or ``-x`` command line switch instructs
py2exe to create a python module cross reference and display it
in the webbrowser. This allows to answer question why a certain
module has been included, or if you can exlude a certain module
and it's dependencies. This has *not* been extensively tested,
but it's a start. Also, the html page includes links which will
even allow to view the source code of a module in the browser,
for easy inspection.

A sample cross reference can be found here, note that the links
to open the .py files will of course not work over the internet:
http://starship.python.net/crew/theller/py2exe/sample_xref.html

* Mark Hammond fixed some thread state issues with dll com
servers.

* Mark Hammond added support for standalone ISAPI dlls.

* py2exe now can handle python modules with the '.pyw' extension.

* It is now allowed to specify 'zipfile=None' in the setup script,
in this case the zip archive containing the python modules will
be appended to the exe file.

Homepage:

<http://starship.python.net/crew/theller/py2exe>

Download from the usual location:

<http://sourceforge.net/project/showfiles.php?group_id=15583>

Enjoy,

Thomas

Thomas Heller

Mark said:
Am I the only one having problems downloading this latest release???

Dave Sellars said:
I cannot download py2exe from the sourceforge site, the download page
just keeps refreshing but the d/l never starts...

http://sourceforge.net/project/py2exe then choose 'Files' --tried with
firefox and IE (on windows), no cigar...

Anyone else having the same problem, or am I doing something *really*
dumb? ;-)

There seems a problem with the mirrors. One (the only one?) that works
is optusnet mirror in australia.

http://prdownloads.sourceforge.net/py2exe/py2exe-0.5.4.win32-py2.3.exe?use_mirror=optusnet

Thomas

Douglas Soares de Andrade