pycurl and MAX_RECV_SPEED_LARGE

Emanuel dos Reis Rodrigues

Hello Folks,

I have a problem with pycurl. I need to do a download with a lower rate,
+ or - 1 Kb / 128bytes.

I use the MAX_RECV_SPEED_LARGE setting with 128 as value.

My problem is: The download take a long time to be finished.

File: test.jpg 92 KB, with 128 rate, take 2.38 Minutes.

The strange behavior is that: The connection keep ESTABLISHED only 1/5
from all time ( 2.38 minutes )

Analyzing with wireshark, I see that: After pass 1/5 of all time, do not
change packages anymore until reach 2.38 minutes, and client send a RST ACK.

Have a high delay between the transfer and the finished connection.

I need to solution that I can download with a lower rate, include using
Multi-Threading with many simultaneous downloads.

Follow my test code:

import pycurl
import random
import os

def download1(t_url):
headers = [
'Accept:
text/html,application/xhtml+xml,application/xml;q=0.9,*/*;q=0.8',
'Accept-Encoding: gzip,deflate',
'Accept-Charset: ISO-8859-1,utf-8;q=0.7,*;q=0.7',
'Cache-control: no-cache',
'Pragma: no-cache',
'Connection: Keep-Alive',
'Keep-Alive: 300']