Pyhon Extensions linker error, unresolved symbols

Discussion in 'Python' started by Jim, Nov 18, 2003.

  1. Jim

    Jim Guest

    All,

    I'm trying to debug a Python GPF while running a script
    that we've written. After fixing up some of the paths for the Python
    build and successfully building Python from ActiveState source, I
    compiled the Python Extensions, but am getting the following error:

    ------ Build started: Project: PyWinTypes, Configuration:
    Release Win32 ------

    Linking...

    Creating library Build\PyWinTypes.lib and object
    Build\PyWinTypes.exp

    PyWinTypesmodule.obj : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol
    "struct _object * __cdecl PyWinMethod_NewSECURITY_ATTRIBUTES(struct
    _object *,struct _object *)"
    (?PyWinMethod_NewSECURITY_ATTRIBUTES@@YAPAU_object@@PAU1@0@Z)

    PyWinTypesmodule.obj : error LNK2019: unresolved external symbol
    "struct _typeobject PySECURITY_ATTRIBUTESType"
    (?PySECURITY_ATTRIBUTESType@@3U_typeobject@@A) referenced in function
    _initpywintypes

    Build\System\PyWinTypes22.dll : fatal error LNK1120: 2 unresolved
    externals

    Build log was saved at
    "file://e:\Python\Source\ActivePython-2.2.3-226\src\PyWin32\win32\Build\Temp\PyWinTypes\Release\BuildLog.htm"

    PyWinTypes - 3 error(s), 0 warning(s)

    Build: 0 succeeded, 1 failed, 0 skipped

[...]

    Do you have any ideas why this would happen? (FYI: I'm including the
    python22.lib on the linker line in case you're wondering)

    Thanks,

    Jim
    Jim, Nov 18, 2003