pyjamas / pyjs

alex23

Anyone else following the apparent hijack of the pyjs project from its
lead developer?

alex23

In case it isn't obvious why I might be subscribed but emails turned off,I
read mailing lists like that through gmane in which case I still need to
sign up to the list to post but definitely don't want to receive emails.

This. I was surprised to suddenly start receiving emails, as I thought
I'd left the pyjamas list _years_ ago.

I've asked them to stop spamming me and even now and getting snide,
shitty emails claiming that what they were doing wasn't spam as I
"could have chosen to ignore it or delete it". I've had to email the
abuse address at Rackspace. I'm pretty sure it's illegal to add people
to a mailing list without their consent, to not include instructions
on how to unsubscribe from the mailing list, and to continue to email
them when they've asked to be removed.

As for the project itself, having a bunch of arrogant assholes decide
that the lead developer has "hijacked" the project with his explicit-
from-the-start libre software "philosophies", because such belief runs
counter to the desires - sorry, the "philosophies" - held by that core
group of assholes, is just the must astounding hypocrisy I've ever
seen. The correct approach in such an instance is to *fork* the
project; but that way you don't get to steal the community, I guess.

The unwanted email was bad enough. The overwhelming sense of
entitlement those emails expressed was even worse.