    Anyone can tell me how to convert unicode to any visibel codes in chinese
    windows system. Thanks.

    Ulysses

    ulysses, Oct 3, 2003

  2. ulysses

    ulysses Guest

    (ulysses) wrote in message news:<>...

    I mean this program can show textlabel,capion in Win2000,winxp.
    Because I use __tr() to translate multilanguage.
    qApp.translate("Form",s,c) return a QString Object. it's a unicode codec.
    I can't show it in Windows 98. Anyone can help me. I crazy for it.
    thanks million.

    My freeware bittorrent download tools build by PYQT 3.8.
    www.turbobt.com

    Ulysses

    ulysses, Oct 12, 2003

  3. ulysses

    Neil Hodgson Guest

    ulysses:

    > I mean this program can show textlabel,capion in Win2000,winxp.
    > Because I use __tr() to translate multilanguage.
    > qApp.translate("Form",s,c) return a QString Object. it's a unicode codec.
    > I can't show it in Windows 98. Anyone can help me. I crazy for it.

    Unicode support on Windows 98 often requires more effort than on the
    Windows NT family which uses Unicode as the native string type. Have a look
    at using the Microsoft Layer for Unicode (MSLU). I do not know if QT is
    compatible with MSLU.

    MSLU:
    http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/d...r_for_unicode_on_windows_95_98_me_systems.asp

    Neil

    Neil Hodgson, Oct 12, 2003
  4. ulysses

    ulysses Guest

    "Neil Hodgson" <> wrote in message news:<fNiib.147967$>...
    > ulysses:
    >
    > > I mean this program can show textlabel,capion in Win2000,winxp.
    > > Because I use __tr() to translate multilanguage.
    > > qApp.translate("Form",s,c) return a QString Object. it's a unicode codec.
    > > I can't show it in Windows 98. Anyone can help me. I crazy for it.

    > Unicode support on Windows 98 often requires more effort than on the
    > Windows NT family which uses Unicode as the native string type. Have a look
    > at using the Microsoft Layer for Unicode (MSLU). I do not know if QT is
    > compatible with MSLU.
    >
    > MSLU:
    > http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/d...r_for_unicode_on_windows_95_98_me_systems.asp
    >
    > Neil

    Qt don't use MFC or comctrl . I download it .But I still failure.

    ulysses, Oct 13, 2003
  5. ulysses

    Neil Hodgson Guest

    Neil Hodgson, Oct 13, 2003
  6. ulysses

    ulysses Guest

    "Neil Hodgson" <> wrote in message news:<fwFib.149350$>...
    > ulysses:
    > > Qt don't use MFC or comctrl . I download it .But I still failure.

    > Best information I can find:
    > http://www.trolltech.com/developer/platforms/windows98.html
    >
    > Neil

    Thank you. I get following message.
    Platform Notes - Windows 98 and Me
    As for Windows NT, with the following exceptions:

    Unicode support:
    since Windows 98 does not implement much Unicode, Qt's Unicode support
    on Windows 98 is lacking. Note that Qt attempts to hide these
    differences - application programs can see that the fonts available
    are rather incomplete, but there is generally no need for programs to
    care. With other toolkits such as MFC, you often need to recompile.
    With Qt, your programs detect and use the capabilities of the Windows
    version they run on, that's all.

    OMG. That's suck. When my software finished. I find this problem.
    Because I develope it in Win2000.
    Anyway I have to forget Win98. :(

    ulysses, Oct 14, 2003