Python 2.3 - libxml2/libxslt broken?

Logan

I always get the following error message when trying to import
either the libxml2 or the libxslt module (Python 2.3 / Linux):

ImportError:
/usr/lib/python2.3/site-packages/libxml2mod.so:
undefined symbol: libxml_xmlCreateOutputBuffer

(I have Python 2.2 and Python 2.3 installed. Using Python 2.2,
the libxml2/libxslt Python bindings work just fine.)

Any ideas?

Logan

Found the 'error' myself! One has to install the libxml2/libxslt
Python bindings with *exactly* the same version numbers as libxml2
(in my case: 2.5.11).

(This was a little bit confusing because libxml2 and libxslt have
different version numbers.)