Python 2.5 idle and print command How do I suppress a line feed?

notejam

Hi,
I am having a problem with print statements always cause a line feed.
I need to print a line of text, then the next print statement will
start printing where the last one stopped rather than drop down a line.

In basic we can do this with print "texst"; followed by next command
print "text2"
So how do I do that in python?

Will McGugan

notejam said:
Hi,
I am having a problem with print statements always cause a line feed.
I need to print a line of text, then the next print statement will
start printing where the last one stopped rather than drop down a line.

In basic we can do this with print "texst"; followed by next command
print "text2"
So how do I do that in python?

Thusly...

print "texst",
print "text2"

Will McGugan

notejam said:
Hi,
I am having a problem with print statements always cause a line feed.
I need to print a line of text, then the next print statement will
start printing where the last one stopped rather than drop down a line.

In basic we can do this with print "texst"; followed by next command
print "text2"
So how do I do that in python?

Or if you want to get rid of the space...

import sys
sys.stdout.write("texst")
sys.stdout.write("text2")