python and ajax

Steve Young

Hi, I was wondering if anybody knew of any good
tutorial/example of AJAX/xmlhttprequest in python.
Thanks.

-Steve

http://www.yahoo.com/r/hs

matt

Steve-

I recently ported version 1.3 of cpaint to python. Soon after version
2.0 was released and I haven't really looked at it since. The 1.3
stuff was really simple though if you understand cgi, then you just
implement a endpoint for your request to call. The javascript side is
really the only thing new (might be a little learning if you having
done much js).

I think that more advanced ajax libraries like dojo or openrico are
probably better suited to more complicated ajax use. Though they are
more focused on the js frontend stuff.

Peter Hansen

Steve said:
Hi, I was wondering if anybody knew of any good
tutorial/example of AJAX/xmlhttprequest in python.
Thanks.

I can't say if it's "good" since I haven't looked at it yet, but it's
certainly timely: this was just posted to the c.l.p.announce group:

----------------------------
A simple server which enables Python regular expression tests in a
webbrowser. Uses SimpleHTTPServer and AJAX.

You need: Python, a modern webbrowser like Firefox, IE (from 5.5),
Safari) which handles XMLHttpRequests. Currently works best with
Firefox, any feedback is welcome.

download

Stephan Diehl

Hi, I was wondering if anybody knew of any good
tutorial/example of AJAX/xmlhttprequest in python.
Thanks.

-Steve

As all the others have said already, AJAX has nothing to do with python,
but everything with JavaScript.
You might want to check out MochiKit (http://mochikit.com), a lightweight
JavaScript library written by Bob Ippolito. Bob did a very good job in
turning programming JS into a more python like experience.
- stephan