    Was wanting to write a text based application in python.... seems
    curses module is the way to go... anyone knows of any good tutorials
    apart from the one written by esr
    linuxfreak, Dec 16, 2005

  2. linuxfreak

    Eddie Corns Guest

    "linuxfreak" <> writes:

    >Was wanting to write a text based application in python.... seems
    >curses module is the way to go... anyone knows of any good tutorials
    >apart from the one written by esr

    There is at least 1 higher level library atop curses.
    http://excess.org/urwid/ I've only played with it a little bit but it looks
    useful.

    Eddie
    Eddie Corns, Dec 16, 2005

  3. linuxfreak wrote:

    > Was wanting to write a text based application in python.... seems
    > curses module is the way to go... anyone knows of any good tutorials
    > apart from the one written by esr

    Not off the top of my head, no. However, you will find that the functions
    needed will be very similar to the C functions used. I did this with PHP a
    while back and (because there are a lack of tutorials for PHP too) I had to
    resort to the man pages for it. So I'd suggest reading that tutorial (by
    esr or whoever) and then just reading the man pages for C for more
    documentation.

    Regards,

    --
    Isaac
    Isaac T Alston, Dec 16, 2005
  4. linuxfreak <> wrote:
    > Was wanting to write a text based application in python.... seems
    > curses module is the way to go... anyone knows of any good tutorials
    > apart from the one written by esr

    It wasn't written by esr. He only has his name on it, did none of the work.

    --
    Thomas E. Dickey
    http://invisible-island.net
    Thomas Dickey, Dec 16, 2005