  1. If the Turtle gets himself into a large (or infinite) loop, is there any way
    to stop him other than Ctrl-Alt-Del?

    Brent
    Brent W. Hughes, Jul 19, 2004

  2. Brent W. Hughes

    David Fraser Guest

    Brent W. Hughes wrote:
    > If the Turtle gets himself into a large (or infinite) loop, is there any way
    > to stop him other than Ctrl-Alt-Del?

    You could try using a flamingo, but I think that works best with
    hedgehogs...

    David
    David Fraser, Jul 20, 2004

  3. On Tue, 20 Jul 2004, David Fraser wrote:

    > Brent W. Hughes wrote:
    > > If the Turtle gets himself into a large (or infinite) loop, is there any way
    > > to stop him other than Ctrl-Alt-Del?

    > You could try using a flamingo, but I think that works best with
    > hedgehogs...

    An interesting property of all three of these animals is that shouting
    'Ctrl-C' at them causes them to stop in their tracks.
    Christopher T King, Jul 20, 2004
  4. Christopher T King wrote:
    > On Tue, 20 Jul 2004, David Fraser wrote:
    >

    >>Brent W. Hughes wrote:
    >>
    >>>If the Turtle gets himself into a large (or infinite) loop, is there any way
    >>>to stop him other than Ctrl-Alt-Del?

    >>You could try using a flamingo, but I think that works best with
    >>hedgehogs...

    > An interesting property of all three of these animals is that shouting
    > 'Ctrl-C' at them causes them to stop in their tracks.

    Unless of course, any of the animals are looking rather Qt on a given
    day. Then they'll only acknowledge that you shouted 'Ctrl-C' when you
    either close them in a cage or forcefully kill them. :)
    Matthew Scott, Jul 20, 2004
  5. Brent W. Hughes

    Lee Harr Guest

    On 2004-07-19, Brent W. Hughes <> wrote:
    > If the Turtle gets himself into a large (or infinite) loop, is there any way
    > to stop him other than Ctrl-Alt-Del?

    Depends on how you are interacting with your turtle.

    From the interactive interpreter, you could use Ctrl-C.

    Also, you might want to try the turtle ..er penguin
    graphics module in pygsear:
    http://www.nongnu.org/pygsear/

    With that one you can use the Esc key to
    break from a loop.
    Lee Harr, Jul 20, 2004