python app to emulate terminal to dialup bulletin board

Sells, Fred

We need to automate the download of data that is now done manually via a
terminal session to a dialup bulletin board. The user uses this to upload
and download files. Hard to believe in this day and age, but true.

I've tried google, but the terms are just too common; all I get is clutter.

So I need a python module (or snippets) that:
1. setup and execute a standard dialup with appropriate parity,
stop-bits, etc
2. can emulate hyperterm including sending and receiving files

I know anything worth doing has already been done in python by someone, but
I have not had much luck finding it. Perhaps I just don't know the best
words to put into google.

can I get a few helpful links for y'all.

thanks.

The information contained in this message may be privileged and / or
not the intended recipient, you are hereby notified that any dissemination,
immediately by replying to this message and deleting the material from any
computer.