Python: Good for Quasi-Newbie?

Clark Griswold

My programming experience:

- Pascal (college prog 101 type course about 100 years ago)
- Basic (on a CDC main frame for a 102 course about 85 years ago)
- xBase (quite a bit)
- VB scripting within MS Office (mostly Access)
- Oracle SQL (if that counts)

Python looks pretty good for what I want to do (Point of Sale). I haven't
done serious prog in a long time. The price is right. Suggestions?

Since I'm the boss in this instance... I am not tied down to anything.

thanks,
clark

Lee Harr

Python looks pretty good for what I want to do (Point of Sale). I haven't
done serious prog in a long time. The price is right. Suggestions?

Since I'm the boss in this instance... I am not tied down to anything.

Python is probably fine for what you want to do, but make sure you
look at other open source point of sale projects before you go and
reinvent the point of sale wheel.

sourceforge.net is one good place to look.