Python IDE - "Lite" version available for non commercial use

Discussion in 'Python' started by Rick Thomas, Aug 12, 2003.

  1. Rick Thomas

    Rick Thomas Guest

    Rick Thomas, Aug 12, 2003

  2. Rick Thomas

    Jarek Zgoda Guest

    Jarek Zgoda, Aug 12, 2003

  3. On Tue, 2003-08-12 at 23:31, Rick Thomas wrote:
    > http://wingide.com/wingide

    The only thing I found so far to get Wing IDE-Lite working was to order
    a license file from the people who produce it... This certainly doesn't
    mean that it's available for non-commercial use, I guess.

    Anybody else checked this out and cares to enlighten me?

    Heiko.

    Heiko Wundram, Aug 13, 2003
  4. Rick Thomas wrote:

    > http://wingide.com/wingide

    The requirements are below, is this "Lite"?

    Colin W.

    Free Licenses for Non-Commercial Open Source Developers

    Free licenses for non-commercial open source development are also
    available. These require that you provide us with (1) your project's
    website or ftp address, (2) at least one public release of your open
    source code, (3) a description of your project, if not on your web or
    ftp site, (4) the name of the open source license you are using for the
    project (or a copy of the license if it's not one of the commonly used
    licenses), and (5) a signed statement that the license(s) will be used
    only for non-commercial development of an open source product from which
    you are not deriving income. You must also (6) agree to send us email
    notification as you release new versions of your product.

    If you are just getting started on your project, cannot provide all of
    these materials, or at our discretion based on a review of your project
    materials, we may issue a 6 month limited term license instead of a
    permanent license. Recipients of a limited term license may reapply for
    a permanent license at any time. However, the limited term license is
    only available on platforms for which Wing IDE is available as a binary
    distribution.

    These requirements are duplicated on the order form. We reserve the
    right to refuse to issue any free license.

    Colin J. Williams, Aug 13, 2003
  5. Heiko Wundram <> wrote in message news:<>...
    > On Tue, 2003-08-12 at 23:31, Rick Thomas wrote:
    > > http://wingide.com/wingide

    > The only thing I found so far to get Wing IDE-Lite working was to order
    > a license file from the people who produce it... This certainly doesn't
    > mean that it's available for non-commercial use, I guess.
    >
    > Anybody else checked this out and cares to enlighten me?

    Hi,

    The current deal is that Wing IDE Lite is a feature subset of Wing IDE
    Standard and it's licensed for non-commercial users only at $35/license
    (Standard is $149 Linux / $179 other platforms). One-month free trial
    licenses are also available at http://wingide.com/wingide/demo.

    However, we do give free permanent licenses to non-commercial open source
    users that produce open source code from which they don't derive income
    directly or indirectly (basically, if you get paid we'ld appreciate being
    paid too!) We've got quite a few such users, including the OSA
    Foundation (osafoundation.org).

    Details on the free license: http://wingide.com/wingide/terms#opensource

    Hope that helps. Questions should go directly to me or .

    Thanks,

    Stephan Deibel
    Wing IDE for Python
    Archaeopteryx Software, Inc.