python-imaging-sane

Discussion in 'Python' started by barronmo, Oct 20, 2010.

  1. barronmo

    barronmo Guest

    I'm trying to get my application to scan, create a .pdf, and then save
    it in a patient's folder. I found python-imaging-sane but I can't get
    things to work correctly. Here is what's happening at the command
    prompt:

    import sane
    sane.init()
    (16777235, 1, 0, 19)
    print sane.get_devices()
    [('canondr:libusb:001:002', 'Canon', 'P-150', 'sheetfed scanner')]
    s = sane.open(sane.get_devices()[0][0])
    s.start()
    i = s.snap()
    Traceback (most recent call last):
    File "<input>", line 1, in <module>
    File "/usr/lib/python2.6/dist-packages/sane.py", line 243, in snap
    self.dev.snap( im.im.id, no_cancel )
    _sane.error: Operation was cancelled

    Ultimately I would like to get it to scan duplex and do multipage
    docs. Thanks for any help.

    Mike Barron

    barronmo, Oct 20, 2010