    Could anyone provide me with a little more insight please?
    Thanks in advance!

    Dirk

    gravityzoo-dmo, Aug 24, 2009

  2. On 24 aug, 20:35, "Martin P. Hellwig" <>
    wrote:
    > gravityzoo-dmo wrote:
    > > Hello everyone,

    > > I was wondering if anyone here has had any experience in running
    > > Python in a virtualized server environment?
    > > The reason I'm asking is the recent thing I noticed when running my
    > > server application (written in Python + Twisted);
    > > The memory of the server application seems to only grow, and not give
    > > back memory space to the OS. I realize that this won't be a problem on
    > > a single physical server, but I'm curious of the effect this behaviour
    > > has on a virtualized environment.
    > > Could anyone provide me with a little more insight please?
    > > Thanks in advance!

    > > Dirk

    > Might help if you say which version of Python you are running, although
    > I'm not a memory expert I do know there have been some changes between
    > the versions.
    >
    > --
    > MPHhttp://blog.dcuktec.com
    > 'If consumed, best digested with added seasoning to own preference.'

    Hi, I'm sorry, I forgot to post the version indeed.

    The Python version I'm running is 2.5.2 (r252:60911, January 4 2009)
    The Twisted version I'm running is 8.2.0, and I'm using the EPOLL-
    Reactor (don't know if that matters)
    The OS I'm running on is Debian version 2.6.26-2-686 (i686 GNU/Linux)

    Is that enough info?

    Best regards,
    Dirk

    gravityzoo-dmo, Aug 25, 2009