Python memory management <-> virtualized server environments

gravityzoo-dmo

Hello everyone,

I was wondering if anyone here has had any experience in running
Python in a virtualized server environment?
The reason I'm asking is the recent thing I noticed when running my
server application (written in Python + Twisted);
The memory of the server application seems to only grow, and not give
back memory space to the OS. I realize that this won't be a problem on
a single physical server, but I'm curious of the effect this behaviour
has on a virtualized environment.
Could anyone provide me with a little more insight please?
Thanks in advance!

Dirk

gravityzoo-dmo

Might help if you say which version of Python you are running, although
I'm not a memory expert I do know there have been some changes between
the versions.

Hi, I'm sorry, I forgot to post the version indeed.

The Python version I'm running is 2.5.2 (r252:60911, January 4 2009)
The Twisted version I'm running is 8.2.0, and I'm using the EPOLL-
Reactor (don't know if that matters)
The OS I'm running on is Debian version 2.6.26-2-686 (i686 GNU/Linux)

Is that enough info?

Best regards,
Dirk