python on mac keystroke

Eric Texier

I am testing python on a mac. In the python console, none of the
control as the arrow to scroll back to a preview line are
working. How can I fix this.
Thanks
eric

Following is an example:
python
Python 2.4.1 (#1, Apr 22 2005, 21:15:26)
[GCC 3.3 20030304 (Apple Computer, Inc. build 1666)] on darwin
File "<stdin>", line 1
^
SyntaxError: invalid syntax

Ian A. York

I am testing python on a mac. In the python console, none of the
control as the arrow to scroll back to a preview line are
working. How can I fix this.

If I understand what you're asking, you need to install readline, which
isn't included in the OSX Python.

Ian