    What is this website with such a demonic name and IP address? What
    evils are the programmers who use this language up to?

    , Jan 12, 2005

  2. kosh Guest

    On Tuesday 11 January 2005 7:06 pm, wrote:
    > python.org = 194.109.137.226
    >
    > 194 + 109 + 137 + 226 = 666
    >
    > What is this website with such a demonic name and IP address? What
    > evils are the programmers who use this language up to?

    Geeze did you miss out on the demon summoning rituals last week? Wow that was
    a great thing you missed out on. I am sorry I can't tell you about the future
    events though. Only great wizards are allowed to come and they all know when
    the events are. :)

    kosh, Jan 12, 2005

  3. jay j bee Guest

    On 12-01-2005 03:06, in article
    ,
    "" <> wrote:

    > python.org

    "Python - why settle for snake oil when you can have the whole snake?"

    Greetzzzzz

    jay j bee, Jan 12, 2005
  4. Your Uncle Wally just luuirrrrrrrrrrrrrvs
    Monty Python -- especially John Clesse, Eric Idle
    & Michael Palin -- very funny !!!!!!!!

    he he he ;-)

    =?iso-8859-1?B?TGEgYm91Y2hlIGRlIGxhIHbpcml06SAtIET, Jan 12, 2005
  5. wrote:
    > python.org = 194.109.137.226
    >
    > 194 + 109 + 137 + 226 = 666
    >
    > What is this website with such a demonic name and IP address? What
    > evils are the programmers who use this language up to?

    You dared to unveil our secret.
    Now we'll have to kill you...

    Luis M. Gonzalez, Jan 12, 2005
  6. DogWalker Guest

    "Luis M. Gonzalez" <> said:

    > wrote:
    >> python.org = 194.109.137.226
    >>
    >> 194 + 109 + 137 + 226 = 666
    >>
    >> What is this website with such a demonic name and IP address? What
    >> evils are the programmers who use this language up to?

    >You dared to unveil our secret.
    >Now we'll have to kill you...

    But is 194.109.137.226 the only one? What other sites are in league
    with the python?

    DogWalker, Jan 12, 2005
  7. Jane Guest

    "La bouche de la vérité - Déjà Vu Le Prophéte"
    <> wrote in message
    > Your Uncle Wally just luuirrrrrrrrrrrrrvs
    > Monty Python -- especially John Clesse, Eric Idle
    > & Michael Palin -- very funny !!!!!!!!
    >
    > he he he ;-)

    Believe it or not, we have something in common! I love 'em, too!

    Jane

    Jane, Jan 12, 2005
  8. Brian Eable Guest

    writes:

    > python.org = 194.109.137.226
    >
    > 194 + 109 + 137 + 226 = 666

    BUT!

    perl -e '$a="194.109.137.226"; @a = reverse split /\./, $a; for $i (0..3) { $sum += $a[$i]*(256**$i) } print "sum = $sum\n"'

    226 + 35072 + 7143424 + 3254779904 = 3261958626

    http://3261958626/

    Which is NOT 666.

    --
    a house-blowing wolfen sneezer / might be a porcine tortfeasor. -- plorkwort
    http://beable.com

    Brian Eable, Jan 12, 2005
  9. TimC Guest

    On Wed, 12 Jan 2005 at 02:06 GMT, (aka Bruce)
    > python.org = 194.109.137.226
    >
    > 194 + 109 + 137 + 226 = 666
    >
    > What is this website with such a demonic name and IP address? What
    > evils are the programmers who use this language up to?

    Writing code that has to be indented *exactly* or it just won't
    work. I bet they all use eVIl VI too.

    A new verb was accidently created during a discussion about KDE 3 and Debian.
    It was said that KDE 3 will sid soon. -- Debian Weekly News Jan 14,2003

    TimC, Jan 12, 2005
  10. Tim Daneliuk Guest

    DogWalker wrote:

    > "Luis M. Gonzalez" <> said:
    >

    >> wrote:
    >>
    >>>python.org = 194.109.137.226
    >>>
    >>>194 + 109 + 137 + 226 = 666
    >>>
    >>>What is this website with such a demonic name and IP address? What
    >>>evils are the programmers who use this language up to?

    >>You dared to unveil our secret.
    >>Now we'll have to kill you...
    >>

    > But is 194.109.137.226 the only one? What other sites are in league
    > with the python?

    Yes, it's troublesome, perhaps more than you realize. Consider:

    10.255.255.146

    Yikes! Potential demonic (daemonic?) worship could be practiced non-routably...

    Tim Daneliuk
    PGP Key: http://www.tundraware.com/PGP/

    Tim Daneliuk, Jan 12, 2005
  11. Jon Perez Guest

    This would be funny except for the fact that there are
    actually people out there who will take this seriously.

    http://rmitz.org/freebsd.daemon.html

    Don't forget Python == Snake == Serpent == ...

    ;-D

    Jon Perez, Jan 12, 2005
  12. ToYKillAS Guest

    wrote:
    > python.org = 194.109.137.226
    >
    > 194 + 109 + 137 + 226 = 666
    >
    > What is this website with such a demonic name and IP address? What
    > evils are the programmers who use this language up to?

    damn Franc Maçons

    --
    Even though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death,
    I will fear no evil, for you are with me;

    ToYKillAS, Jan 12, 2005
  13. Jane Guest

    <> wrote in message
    > python.org = 194.109.137.226
    >
    > 194 + 109 + 137 + 226 = 666
    >
    > What is this website with such a demonic name and IP address? What
    > evils are the programmers who use this language up to?

    Some people have too much time on their hands...

    Jane

    Jane, Jan 12, 2005
  14. On Wed, Jan 12, 2005 at 10:15:34AM -0500, Jane wrote:
    > [...] Some people have too much time on their hands...

    OMG, PyPy is full of evil, too!!!1

    print sum([ord(x) for x in "PyPy!!!!!!!!"])

    or, if you haven't upgraded to 2.4, yet:

    import operator
    print reduce(operator.add, [ord(x) for x in "PyPy!!!!!!!!"])

    -- Gerhard

    Gerhard Haering, Jan 12, 2005
  15. Craig Ringer Guest

    On Wed, 2005-01-12 at 16:58 +0100, Gerhard Haering wrote:
    > On Wed, Jan 12, 2005 at 10:15:34AM -0500, Jane wrote:
    > > [...] Some people have too much time on their hands...

    > OMG, PyPy is full of evil, too!!!1
    >
    > print sum([ord(x) for x in "PyPy!!!!!!!!"])
    >
    > or, if you haven't upgraded to 2.4, yet:

    That'll work fine in Python 2.3. I think you meant:

    print sum(ord(x) for x in "PyPy!!!!!!!!")

    which is a different matter entirely (well, regarding compatibility
    anyway).

    --
    Craig Ringer

    Craig Ringer, Jan 12, 2005
  16. Lucas Raab Guest

    Jane wrote:
    > <> wrote in message
    >
    >>python.org = 194.109.137.226
    >>
    >>194 + 109 + 137 + 226 = 666
    >>
    >>What is this website with such a demonic name and IP address? What
    >>evils are the programmers who use this language up to?
    >>

    > Some people have too much time on their hands...
    >
    > Jane

    Better get some ointment for that burn!!

    Lucas Raab, Jan 13, 2005
  17. Jane Guest

    "Lucas Raab" <> wrote in message
    > Jane wrote:
    > > <> wrote in message
    > >
    > >>python.org = 194.109.137.226
    > >>
    > >>194 + 109 + 137 + 226 = 666
    > >>
    > >>What is this website with such a demonic name and IP address? What
    > >>evils are the programmers who use this language up to?
    > >>

    > > Some people have too much time on their hands...
    > >
    > > Jane
    > >

    > Better get some ointment for that burn!!

    Huh???

    Jane

    Jane, Jan 13, 2005
  18. Jane wrote:

    >"Lucas Raab" <> wrote in message
    >

    >>Jane wrote:
    >>

    >>><> wrote in message

    >>>Some people have too much time on their hands...
    >>>
    >>>Jane
    >>>

    >>Better get some ointment for that burn!!
    >>

    >Huh???
    >
    >Jane

    You said that people have too much "time" on their "hands", so he
    suggested ointment to prevent the irritation etc... He was probably
    also getting at the topic of this thread (hint: Satan = Hell = Fire), so
    the ointment puts out the burn.

    Have fun folks!

    - Arich

    Arich Chanachai, Jan 13, 2005
  19. Lucas Raab Guest

    Arich Chanachai wrote:
    > Jane wrote:
    >
    >> "Lucas Raab" <> wrote in message

    >>> Better get some ointment for that burn!!
    >>>

    >> Huh???
    >>
    >> Jane
    >>

    > You said that people have too much "time" on their "hands", so he
    > suggested ointment to prevent the irritation etc... He was probably
    > also getting at the topic of this thread (hint: Satan = Hell = Fire), so
    > the ointment puts out the burn.
    > Have fun folks!
    >
    > - Arich

    I'd also like to add that the term "burn" means to be made look stupid
    or be insulted.

    Lucas Raab, Jan 13, 2005
  20. Dan Bishop Guest

    DogWalker wrote:
    > "Luis M. Gonzalez" <> said:
    >
    > > wrote:
    > >> python.org = 194.109.137.226
    > >>
    > >> 194 + 109 + 137 + 226 = 666
    > >>
    > >> What is this website with such a demonic name and IP address?

    What
    > >> evils are the programmers who use this language up to?

    > >You dared to unveil our secret.
    > >Now we'll have to kill you...
    > >

    > But is 194.109.137.226 the only one? What other sites are in league
    > with the python?

    There are 6 853 010 possible dotted quads that add up to 666. Surely
    python.org is not the only one.

    Dan Bishop, Jan 14, 2005