Python security settings

Laughlin, Joseph V

import SimpleXMLRPCServer
rpc_server = SimpleXMLRPCServer.SimpleXMLRPCServer(("localhost", 3010))
print "XMLRPC Server started!"
rpc_server.serve_forever()

When I run this program, I can connect to port 3010 on the localhost,
but I can't connect to the port from any other machine (or from the
local machine using the machine's hostname). Why is this?

Joe Laughlin
Phantom Works - Integrated Technology Development Labs
The Boeing Company

Tuure Laurinolli

rpc_server = SimpleXMLRPCServer.SimpleXMLRPCServer(("localhost", 3010))
When I run this program, I can connect to port 3010 on the localhost,
but I can't connect to the port from any other machine (or from the
local machine using the machine's hostname). Why is this?

You are binding the server to localhost, it shouldn't receive packets
from any other address than 127.0.0.1 and it's IPv6 counterpart. Bind to
the interface you are trying to connect to instead.