Python stdout and Win 2003

Discussion in 'Python' started by Philippe Martin, Feb 24, 2006.

  1. Hi,

    I have a program at a customer's site that seems to have random problem
    which eventually come down to not being able to read/write from serial
    ports.

    I trapped all the exceptions I could think of and all of them look like
    this:
    ***********************************
    (ACCESS CONTROL)Fri, 24 Feb 2006 02:07:18 +0000 : Traceback (most recent
    call last):
    File "C
    \Python24\lib\site-packages\SC\readers\SC_IDTech_MiniSmart_RS232.py", line
    308, in Is_Card_Inserted
    print 'CARD NOT INSERTED'
    IOError: [Errno 9] Bad file descriptor

    To me that means the print failed ... that stdout was not available anymore.

    Am I correct? .... what could cause this.

    Many thanks.

    Philippe
    Philippe Martin, Feb 24, 2006

  2. PS: I forgot to mention that some of the "print"s are made from wxPython
    timer events.

    Philippe

    Philippe Martin, Feb 24, 2006