Python test case management system?

Mudcat

I had originally planned on writing my own software for managing test
cases; however new boss = new directive. This will make it more
difficult to get the functionality I need for test cases that are
automated and executed using python. I've searched for alternatives
but so far haven't come up with any good options.

Does anyone know of a good test case management system written in
python, or possibly another application (either open source or
commercial) that can be extended using python?

Thanks

skip

Mudcat> Does anyone know of a good test case management system written
Mudcat> in python, or possibly another application (either open source
Mudcat> or commercial) that can be extended using python?

I don't know what you mean by "test case management system", but within the
Python community there are two core modules designed to support unit test
creation: unittest and doctest. Outside of the Python distribution there
are other tools which aim to make writing and running unit tests simpler.
Examples include py.test and nose. I'm sure there are others. These might
be a couple PyPI categories to start a search:

http://pypi.python.org/pypi?:action=browse&c=430
http://pypi.python.org/pypi?:action=browse&c=431

Skip

Mudcat

What would the behaviour of such a system be? In other words, what is
a "test case management system" in terms of the things that it does?

The feature set for one tends to vary. In short it's a front end app
which is tied to a db that stores and organizes test cases. The system
will allow you to select and execute test cases based on different
criteria which will then log and store the results. They aren't
extremely complicated however they do need to have a well-built
execution engine that are multi-threaded and can handle several
different things at the same time.