Python, threading

SMALLp

Hy. I have a problem! I'm making multi thread application (client,
server) using wxPython for GUI, and threading.Thread for threding.

Clients connect and when they are connected (evry thread handles one
connection) threads change main window.

I neded tip how to make communication between threeds.

Saju Pillai

Hy. I have a problem! I'm making multi thread application (client,
server) using wxPython for GUI, and threading.Thread for threding.

Clients connect and when they are connected (evry thread handles one
connection) threads change main window.

I neded tip how to make communication between threeds.

Threads already share data your problem would likely be to synchronize
the threads - threading.Sempahore & threading.Lock will help
Maybe you want some threads to wait while other thread(s) do some
work ? - threading.Event & threading.Condition

The documentation on "threading" module is where you should start.

-srp

Diez B. Roggisch

SMALLp said:
Hy. I have a problem! I'm making multi thread application (client,
server) using wxPython for GUI, and threading.Thread for threding.

Clients connect and when they are connected (evry thread handles one
connection) threads change main window.

I neded tip how to make communication between threeds.

Are you aware that mixing multi-threading and GUIs usually not works the
naive way? Read up on your toolkits documentation how to deal with
multi-threading.

Diez