Python VBR to CBR

Guest

Hi,

I'm currently downloading podcasts using Juice, and I want to get them
more easily transferred to my music player (Creative Zen).

I'm currently writing something that will rename and alter the ID tags
to be more friendly (in Python), but in the process, I'd like to
convert from Variable Bit Rate to Constant Bit Rate.

Is there a library for doing this, or alternatively, what would be the
stages for converting from vbr to cbr and what python code is out there
that can help?

?

=?iso-8859-1?q?Matthias_Bl=E4sing?=

timsspamaddress said:
I'm currently writing something that will rename and alter the ID tags to
be more friendly (in Python), but in the process, I'd like to convert from
Variable Bit Rate to Constant Bit Rate.

Is there a library for doing this, or alternatively, what would be the
stages for converting from vbr to cbr and what python code is out there
that can help?

It depends on the platform you are using - at least running Linux it would
make sense to take a look at gstreamer, which is a pretty complete
multimedia framework. Juding from a mp3/vorbis/flac player I wrote, its
nice to use.

HTH

Matthias