Python x Postgresql Thrreading Problem

Adam Smith

Hello,

I am attempting to compile postgresql from source with python enable. I
have compiled & installed python on my machine according to the
instruction, installation seems fine

My Platform ==>
# uname -a
FreeBSD econ.com 4.9-STABLE FreeBSD 4.9-STABLE #0: Wed Nov 12
17:41:01 PST 2003
(e-mail address removed):/usr/obj/usr/src/sys/STANDARD i386

Running Python from the shell
# python
Python 2.4.2 (#2, Dec 19 2005, 05:08:47)
[GCC 2.95.4 20020320 [FreeBSD]] on freebsd4

When I configure Postgresql it stops with a
checking for python... /usr/local/bin/python
checking for Python distutils module... yes
checking Python configuration directory...
/usr/local/lib/python2.4/config
checking how to link an embedded Python application...
-L/usr/local/lib/python2.4/config -lpython2.4 -lutil -lm
checking whether Python is compiled with thread support... yes
configure: error: *** Threaded Python not supported on this platform ***

How can I correct this? is there a non-threaded python installation?
Python is installed on the platform and seems to be functional so I
guess it might be a PostgreSQL interaction

Thanks

Adam