python2.4/site-packages

Srinivasan TK

All,
I have been successful in build/install of python2.4
on AIX.
Now ,Is it mandatory that I build the third-party
packages ( python2.4/site-packages) .If so is there a
list that needs to be built and installed .
Please advise.

http://www.yahoo.com/r/hs

Michael Hoffman

Srinivasan said:
Now ,Is it mandatory that I build the third-party
packages ( python2.4/site-packages) .

Only if you want to use them. Really, no.
If so is there a
list that needs to be built and installed .

There is a list of them packages which you MAY install but may also
choose not to here:

http://www.python.org/pypi

This used to be called the Python Package index but is now the Python
Cheese Shop? Huh???

Lucas Raab

Michael said:
Only if you want to use them. Really, no.

There is a list of them packages which you MAY install but may also
choose not to here:

http://www.python.org/pypi

This used to be called the Python Package index but is now the Python
Cheese Shop? Huh???

You've never heard the Cheese Shop Sketch by Monty Python??

--
--------------------------
Lucas Raab

Michael Hoffman

Lucas said:
You've never heard the Cheese Shop Sketch by Monty Python??

I have but I've never heard of PyPI's name being changed? I can only
find an announcement on Slashdot?

Erik Max Francis

Michael said:
I have but I've never heard of PyPI's name being changed? I can only
find an announcement on Slashdot?

I came across the change a good while back in my Web referrals, not
having heard of it except passively. PyPI was a simple, clear,
unambiguous name; Cheese Shop is just a silly name for no purpose.

Ben Finney

Erik Max Francis said:
I came across the change a good while back in my Web referrals, not
having heard of it except passively. PyPI was a simple, clear,
unambiguous name; Cheese Shop is just a silly name for no purpose.

Conversely, PyPI is a dull name with no obvious pronunciation, thus
difficult to remember; whereas Cheese Shop is a short phrase (that can
be translated), is easy to remember and has easy analogies to its
actual function.

Michael Hoffman

Ben said:
Conversely, PyPI is a dull name with no obvious pronunciation, thus
difficult to remember; whereas Cheese Shop is a short phrase (that can
be translated), is easy to remember and has easy analogies to its
actual function.

A place you visit where you can never find what you want?