pythonic web markup languages & templating systems & site generators

Discussion in 'Python' started by travis+ml-python@subspacefield.org, Jun 5, 2010.

  1. Guest

    I started to review static blog-like HTML generators, and found myself
    overwhelmed with how many there were. I narrowed it down to pythonic
    ones, and then realized I had to pick a markup language and templating
    language, of which there are several pythonic implementations...

    The results of my inquiry (still ongoing) are here:

    http://www.subspacefield.org/~travis/static_blog_generators.html

    It's a little disorganized, but does represent a fair amount of work,
    and might be a nice intro for a python programmer who isn't up to
    his neck in web authoring tools.

    Suggestions on how to organize it are welcome. Of course, while
    writing it, I was struck by how much I actually needed one of these
    systems to write the reviews of the systems :) writing raw HTML
    is teh suck.
    --
    A Weapon of Mass Construction
    If you are a spammer, please email to get blacklisted.

    , Jun 5, 2010

  2. John Bokma Guest

    John Bokma, Jun 5, 2010