Pythons Mcmillan Installer : cannot load shared lib

Discussion in 'Python' started by Ajay Bakhshi, Feb 20, 2004.

  1. Ajay Bakhshi

    Ajay Bakhshi Guest

    Hi,

    I have Python-2.2.3/
    Mcmillian Installer: _5b5_5
    System: HP 11.11 64 bit.

    Installer + Python were build with 64 bit support (Compiler flag: +DD64)

    I have a Python file Recover.py that calls "C" functions written in an
    extension module. Now these "C" functions (in the shared library) load
    another shared library using dlopen.

    When I run python Recover.py this works just fine.
    When the same shared library is opened from a "C" executable, that also
    works fine.
    BUT when I convert Recover.py into an executable (Using Mcmillian Installer:
    http://www.mcmillan-inc.com/ <http://www.mcmillan-inc.com/> - The web site
    not working anymore) dlopen gives error.

    And dlopen gives the following error:
    -------------------
    Failed to open the library. Err: './nwsnapmgr//libcl.2' contains a static
    TLS refere
    nce to '__thread_specific_seg' defined in a dynamically loaded library
    './nwsnapmgr//libcl.
    2'. Use +tls=dynamic to re-compile './nwsnapmgr//libcl.2'.
    Failed to Load DLL /usr/lib/libssdummy.sl or Procedure does not exist
    -------------------

    thanks for any help
    -Ajay B

    Ajay Bakhshi, Feb 20, 2004

  2. Ajay Bakhshi

    Irit Guest

    Hi
    I have the same problem
    Have you found out what is the reason for this error message,
    and how it can be solved ?

    Irit, Dec 2, 2004