pytz giving incorrect offset and timezone

Sanjay

Hi All,

I am facing some strange problem in pytz.

The timezone "Asia/Calcutta" is actually IST, which is GMT + 5:30. But
while using pytz, it is being recognized as HMT (GMT + 5:53). While I
digged into the oslan database, I see the following:

# Zone NAME GMTOFF RULES FORMAT [UNTIL]
Zone Asia/Calcutta 5:53:28 - LMT 1880 # Kolkata
5:53:20 - HMT 1941 Oct # Howrah Mean Time?
6:30 - BURT 1942 May 15 # Burma Time
5:30 - IST 1942 Sep
5:30 1:00 IST 1945 Oct 15
5:30 - IST

A similar problem is also posted at
http://groups.google.co.in/group/comp.lang.python/browse_thread/thread/55496e85797ac890
without any responnses.

Unable to know how to proceed. Needing help. Tried posting in
launchpad and mailed to Stuart, but yet to get any response.

thanks
Sanjay