PyXml

kdwyer

Hello Everyone,

I've been looking into writing a utility to compare/analyse xml files, and
thought I'd have a look at PyXml, but the Sourceforge page says it's no
longer maintained.

Two questions:
What's the story with PyXml? Is it stable/complete or has effort moved
elsewhere?

Can anyone recommend a Python validating parser that validates vs Xml
Schema?

Many thanks,

Kev

Martin v. Löwis

What's the story with PyXml? Is it stable/complete or has effort moved
elsewhere?

Large parts of PyXML are now part of the standard library. When I
stepped back as a maintainer, nobody volunteered to take over.
Can anyone recommend a Python validating parser that validates vs Xml
Schema?

The libxml bindings for Python can do that.

Regards,
Martin

Martin v. Löwis