q about MIME:Lite and using Bcc

Discussion in 'Perl Misc' started by dan baker, Sep 1, 2004.

  1. dan baker

    dan baker Guest

    I have been trying all kinds of ways to add Bcc recipients to email
    generated with MIME:Lite on a windows 98 pre-compiled install from
    ActiveState and sent via SMTP. The version says it is $Id: Lite.pm,v
    2.102 2000/08/15 01:32:50 eryq Exp $

    does anyone have an example, or can you verify that bcc does indeed
    work with this version on this platform?

    this should work: ???
    $msg = MIME::Lite->new(
    From => $Sender ,
    To => $Recipient ,
    Bcc =>
    ',' ,
    Subject => $Subject ,
    Type => $Type ,
    Data => $Body
    );

    thanks

    dan baker, Sep 1, 2004

  2. (dan baker) wrote:

    > I have been trying all kinds of ways to add Bcc recipients to email
    > generated with MIME:Lite on a windows 98 pre-compiled install from
    > ActiveState and sent via SMTP. The version says it is $Id: Lite.pm,v
    > 2.102 2000/08/15 01:32:50 eryq Exp $
    >
    > does anyone have an example,

    There are a number of examples in the docs for MIME::Lite.

    > or can you verify that bcc does indeed
    > work with this version on this platform?

    Sorry, I don't have win98 available.

    > this should work: ???
    > $msg = MIME::Lite->new(
    > From => $Sender ,
    > To => $Recipient ,
    > Bcc =>
    > ',' ,
    > Subject => $Subject ,
    > Type => $Type ,
    > Data => $Body
    > );

    That piece of the program looks OK. What happened when you tried it?
    Perhaps you could post a short but *complete* program that exhibits the
    problem you're having, the expected output and the actual output, then
    maybe we could help.

    David K. Wall, Sep 2, 2004

  3. dan baker

    dan baker Guest

    "David K. Wall" <> wrote in message news:<Xns9558AB258378dkwwashere@216.168.3.30>...
    > (dan baker) wrote:
    >
    > > I have been trying all kinds of ways to add Bcc recipients to email
    > > generated with MIME:Lite on a windows 98 pre-compiled install from
    > > ActiveState and sent via SMTP. The version says it is $Id: Lite.pm,v
    > > 2.102 2000/08/15 01:32:50 eryq Exp $
    > >
    > > does anyone have an example,

    > There are a number of examples in the docs for MIME::Lite.
    > --------

    I realize that, and the examples indicate this should work... which is
    why I am asking for confirmation specifically from anyone who has
    tested it or has a working example using this version of Lite from
    ActiveState on win98.

    > > or can you verify that bcc does indeed
    > > work with this version on this platform?

    > Sorry, I don't have win98 available.

    --------
    I have a feeling it may be a version/platform-specific bug.... and am
    looking for confirmation. I wont help me to know it works on *NIX

    > > this should work: ???
    > > $msg = MIME::Lite->new(
    > > From => $Sender ,
    > > To => $Recipient ,
    > > Bcc => ',' ,
    > > Subject => $Subject ,
    > > Type => $Type ,
    > > Data => $Body
    > > );

    > That piece of the program looks OK. What happened when you tried it?
    > Perhaps you could post a short but *complete* program that exhibits the
    > problem you're having, the expected output and the actual output, then
    > maybe we could help.

    ------------
    the only othe rline of source that matters is the send() line which
    is:
    $msg->send('smtp', $cSMTPserver);

    what happens is that the To recipient gets a message, and the Bcc
    recipient gets nothing. I get no error, no bounceback, no nothing....

    dan baker, Sep 2, 2004
  4. dan baker wrote:
    > what happens is that the To recipient gets a message, and the Bcc
    > recipient gets nothing. I get no error, no bounceback, no
    > nothing....

    Can it possibly be another of Comcast's actions against spammers?
    Maybe they have simply disabled their mail servers' ability to relay
    to Bcc recipients.

    --
    Gunnar Hjalmarsson

    Gunnar Hjalmarsson, Sep 2, 2004
  5. dan baker

    dan baker Guest

    Gunnar Hjalmarsson <> wrote in message news:<>...
    > dan baker wrote:
    > > what happens is that the To recipient gets a message, and the Bcc
    > > recipient gets nothing. I get no error, no bounceback, no
    > > nothing....

    > Can it possibly be another of Comcast's actions against spammers?
    > Maybe they have simply disabled their mail servers' ability to relay
    > to Bcc recipients.

    I dont think so.... they allow up to 100 cc or bcc recipients per mail
    composed other ways (like netscape, ms, mozilla, etc.)

    dan baker, Sep 3, 2004