q about MIME:Lite and using Bcc

dan baker

I have been trying all kinds of ways to add Bcc recipients to email
generated with MIME:Lite on a windows 98 pre-compiled install from
ActiveState and sent via SMTP. The version says it is $Id: Lite.pm,v
2.102 2000/08/15 01:32:50 eryq Exp $

does anyone have an example, or can you verify that bcc does indeed
work with this version on this platform?

this should work: ???
$msg = MIME::Lite->new(
From => $Sender ,
To => $Recipient ,
Bcc =>
'(e-mail address removed),[email protected]' ,
Subject => $Subject ,
Type => $Type ,
Data => $Body
);

thanks

David K. Wall

I have been trying all kinds of ways to add Bcc recipients to email
generated with MIME:Lite on a windows 98 pre-compiled install from
ActiveState and sent via SMTP. The version says it is $Id: Lite.pm,v
2.102 2000/08/15 01:32:50 eryq Exp $

does anyone have an example,

There are a number of examples in the docs for MIME::Lite.
or can you verify that bcc does indeed
work with this version on this platform?

Sorry, I don't have win98 available.
this should work: ???
$msg = MIME::Lite->new(
From => $Sender ,
To => $Recipient ,
Bcc =>
'(e-mail address removed),[email protected]' ,
Subject => $Subject ,
Type => $Type ,
Data => $Body
);

That piece of the program looks OK. What happened when you tried it?
Perhaps you could post a short but *complete* program that exhibits the
problem you're having, the expected output and the actual output, then
maybe we could help.

dan baker

David K. Wall said:
There are a number of examples in the docs for MIME::Lite.
--------
I realize that, and the examples indicate this should work... which is
why I am asking for confirmation specifically from anyone who has
tested it or has a working example using this version of Lite from
ActiveState on win98.

Sorry, I don't have win98 available.
--------
I have a feeling it may be a version/platform-specific bug.... and am
looking for confirmation. I wont help me to know it works on *NIX

That piece of the program looks OK. What happened when you tried it?
Perhaps you could post a short but *complete* program that exhibits the
problem you're having, the expected output and the actual output, then
maybe we could help.
------------
the only othe rline of source that matters is the send() line which
is:
$msg->send('smtp', $cSMTPserver);

what happens is that the To recipient gets a message, and the Bcc
recipient gets nothing. I get no error, no bounceback, no nothing....

Gunnar Hjalmarsson

dan said:
what happens is that the To recipient gets a message, and the Bcc
recipient gets nothing. I get no error, no bounceback, no
nothing....

Can it possibly be another of Comcast's actions against spammers?
Maybe they have simply disabled their mail servers' ability to relay
to Bcc recipients.

dan baker

Gunnar Hjalmarsson said:
Can it possibly be another of Comcast's actions against spammers?
Maybe they have simply disabled their mail servers' ability to relay
to Bcc recipients.

I dont think so.... they allow up to 100 cc or bcc recipients per mail
composed other ways (like netscape, ms, mozilla, etc.)