    possible? How should I do this, do I need to create different IIS?
    Thanks,
    Jim.

    =?Utf-8?B?SklNLkgu?=, Dec 2, 2004

  2. Re: development Environment

    Your development environment should be on a different machine than the
    production one. Assuming that, for some reason, you have to develop on the
    same machine, just use the same web server, different web, different
    Application Pool.

    --
    HTH,
    Kevin Spencer

    "JIM.H." <> wrote in message
    > Hello,
    > I have C and D drive in my server. I developed all the applications in C

    and
    > users access these applications from C: Now I need to create a development
    > environment not to cause trouble to the users while I am developing
    > something. I need to use D: driver as development environment and when I

    am

    Kevin Spencer, Dec 2, 2004

  3. Re: development Environment

    Kavin,
    I have only this machine. I created different web site and app pool. When I
    copy all the files from c:\inetpup\wwwroot to d:\inetpup\wwwroot, I get the
    following message.
    visual studio .Net cannot create or open the application. The likeliest
    problem is that required components are not installed on the local web
    server. Run visual studio .net setup and add web development components.

    What should I do?
    Thanks,
    Jim.

    =?Utf-8?B?SklNLkgu?=, Dec 2, 2004
  4. I do not get that message when I open *.sln file instead of *.vbproj. Now I
    have another problem. I am actually confused. When I changed something on my
    application in D:\inetpup\wwwroot\dev\myapp, the application in
    c:\inetpup\wwwroot\myapp is changing too. what is problem?
    Thanks,
    Jim.

    =?Utf-8?B?SklNLkgu?=, Dec 2, 2004