qtruby install on redhat

Scott Cook

running ./configure after untarring korundum-3.5.5 I get:

checking if UIC has KDE plugins available... no
configure: error:
you need to install kdelibs first.

If you did install kdelibs, then the Qt version that is picked up by
this configure is not the same version you used to compile kdelibs.
The Qt Plugin installed by kdelibs is *ONLY* loadable if it is the
_same Qt version_, compiled with the _same compiler_ and the same Qt
configuration settings.

How am I supposed to know what version of Qt was used to compile
kdelibs? I didn't do that myself, it's just the library that came with
RedHat.

I tried "up2date qt" and "up2date kdelibs", they're both already up to
date.

name -a
Linux apu 2.6.9-42.ELsmp #1 SMP Wed Jul 12 23:32:02 EDT 2006 x86_64
x86_64 x86_64 GNU/Linux

I greatly appreciate any help on how to proceed from here. Do I need to
somehow uninstall and re-install kdelibs?
Thanks!
Scott

Axel Etzold

-------- Original-Nachricht --------
Datum: Sat, 16 Feb 2008 04:31:53 +0900
Von: Scott Cook <[email protected]>
An: (e-mail address removed)
Betreff: qtruby install on redhat
[...]

Dear Scott,

did you install kdelibs ? Then your system can't find it and this looks
like a path problem. Maybe you can find something in the documentation
to tell korundum where the libs dependencies are
(something like ./configure --with-libs=SOMEPATH ... unfortunately,
I don't have a redhat system available right now).

or you try to install
korundum from an rpm (and install the necessary dependencies first via
rpm also ... you'll see rpm complain about what's missing).

You can find rpms for your redhat system from googling "rpmfind korundum".

Best regards,

Axel

Scott Cook

Thanks for the reply Axel!

No, I didn't install kdelibs, but it IS already on my system. It doesn't
seem to be a path issue but a version issue.

I think I'm just going to use glade and ruby-gnome since that's working.

Thanks!
Scott

Scott Cook

BTW - I did try to look for a korundum rpm but couldn't find one (good
idea though!)

Scott