Query about applet!

Jack Dowson

Hello Everybody:
I write an applet to broadcast sound file,the sentences which are used
to achive this goal are:
AudioClip sound = getAudioClip(getDocumentBase(),"folder.wav");
sound.loop();

I can hear the voice through appletviewer,but when it comes to my
firefox,I could not get any voice,why?
I think here might have some settings of my firefox worked,then what are
they?

Thank you!
Dowson.

SadRed

Hello Everybody:
I write an applet to broadcast sound file,the sentences which are used
to achive this goal are:
AudioClip sound = getAudioClip(getDocumentBase(),"folder.wav");
sound.loop();

I can hear the voice through appletviewer,but when it comes to my
firefox,I could not get any voice,why?
I think here might have some settings of my firefox worked,then what are
they?

Thank you!
Dowson.

Are other parts of the applet viewable on the Firefox browser?

Andrew Thompson

Jack Dowson wrote:
I write an applet

I recommend you don't. My estimation is that you
do not yet have a good grasp of core Java and GUI'd
applications, and I would recommend a sound
knowledge of both before attempting applets.
..to broadcast sound file, ..

Embedding sound files in web pages? That is
very 'last millenium'. The visitors will hate it.
I can hear the voice through appletviewer,but when it comes to my
firefox,I could not get any voice,why?

Do you get any stacktrace? Why not?
Do you see the Java console?

If not, enable it from the Java Control Panel. See..
Start | Settings | JCP | Advanced (tab) | Java Console (item)
..make sure it is set to.. 'Show Console'.

Jack Dowson

Are other parts of the applet viewable on the Firefox browser?
Thank you.Other parts are viewable.
Dowson.

Jack Dowson

I recommend you don't. My estimation is that you
do not yet have a good grasp of core Java and GUI'd
applications, and I would recommend a sound
knowledge of both before attempting applets.

Thanks for your advice to the point,really.
Do you get any stacktrace? Why not?
Do you see the Java console?

If not, enable it from the Java Control Panel. See..
Start | Settings | JCP | Advanced (tab) | Java Console (item)
.make sure it is set to.. 'Show Console'.

You are really experienced,the voice came out.
Why?
Thank you.
Dowson.

Dag Sunde

Jack said:
Thanks for your advice to the point,really.

You are really experienced,the voice came out.
Why?

I can't determine if that "Why?" is sarcasm or not,
so I'll answer as if it isn't... ;-)

Are you asking Why to Andrew's questions about stacktrace
and console?

* Why stacktrace is important: Because it might contain the
exact information on what went wrong.
* If you don't get any stacktrace, why not? It might be that
your code catches and supress any error messages it shouldn't.
Thereby hiding what went wrong.
* Do you see the Java console? Because Applets shows it's
stacktraces in the Java console window, so you need it
for debugging.

HTH...

Jack Dowson

Above all,thank you for your answer.
I can't determine if that "Why?" is sarcasm or not,
so I'll answer as if it isn't... ;-)
Of course it's not a satire.I never do that.
* Why stacktrace is important: Because it might contain the
exact information on what went wrong.
* If you don't get any stacktrace, why not? It might be that
your code catches and supress any error messages it shouldn't.
Thereby hiding what went wrong.
* Do you see the Java console? Because Applets shows it's
stacktraces in the Java console window, so you need it
for debugging.

Thank you again.
Dowson.