Query:about iconify a window!

Jack Dowson

Hello Everybody:
When I use class JFrame to create a window,I didn't register any
EventListener such as WindowListener on it,and neither did I use method
setDefaultCloseOperation to set it exit on close.That means I can't
close that windows normally,and so it was.But I could minimize this
window to taskbar without any error.Considering I didn't register any
EventListener on that iconify event,why?

Any help will be greatly appreciated!
Dowson.

Raghav

Hello Everybody:
When I use class JFrame to create a window,I didn't register any
EventListener such as WindowListener on it,and neither did I use method
setDefaultCloseOperation to set it exit on close.That means I can't
close that windows normally,and so it was.But I could minimize this
window to taskbar without any error.Considering I didn't register any
EventListener on that iconify event,why?

Any help will be greatly appreciated!
Dowson.

Jack,
The minimize and resize operations are enabled by default.
If you set the setResizable to false, you may not be able to do it.
BTW if you do not set the default close operation on a JFrame, and you
try closing the JFrame, it just disappears and hides itself.
But the VM would not have exited. The VM will still be alive and in
this way you might end up spawning multiple VM processes.
that is one thing to be aware of.

HTH.