Query across multiple databases/SQL Servers

RichardF

Is it possible to run a single query that pulls data from multiple
tables in multiple databases, perhaps also from multiple SQL Servers?

Any input would be appreciated.

Thanks!

RichardF

Quentin Ran

Yes. Specify the server and database:

select Select_Column_List
from Server_Name.DB_Name.Object_owner.Table_or_view_name

If from another server, you need to set up a linked server. See Linked
Server in Books Online.

Joined
Apr 16, 2008
Messages
1
Reaction score
0
i use queryblaster

I found a good solution. I've been using a production called queryblaster to do this. it's pretty cool because it can save all of your connections, which is useful becuaes i need to connection to 15 different sql servers.

-JJ

Last edited: