query: Windows exploits (random stack frame pointer)

bekz

Hi All,

I have written exploits for binaries with fixed stack frame pointer.
But now a days most of the compliers generates instrutions with random
stack frame pointer. And with injecting Windows API function addresses,
how can we inject the argument address for foreign exe?

How can I go about writing exploits for such codes?

Note: Most of the codes that I would like to write exploits is having
sprintf/sscanf stuffs.

Thanks
becks

Keith Thompson

bekz said:
I have written exploits for binaries with fixed stack frame pointer.
But now a days most of the compliers generates instrutions with random
stack frame pointer. And with injecting Windows API function addresses,
how can we inject the argument address for foreign exe?

How can I go about writing exploits for such codes?

Note: Most of the codes that I would like to write exploits is having
sprintf/sscanf stuffs.

This is entirely off-topic in comp.lang.c. Even if it were topical, I
certainly *hope* that nobody would help you with this. Are you trying
to write viruses?

Sensei

This is entirely off-topic in comp.lang.c. Even if it were topical, I
certainly *hope* that nobody would help you with this. Are you trying
to write viruses?

Worms, definitely not viruses.