Question about a user control derived from DropDownList

Discussion in 'ASP .Net Building Controls' started by Big Daddy, Nov 9, 2006.

  1. Big Daddy

    Big Daddy Guest

    I posted this in a different group yesterday with no responses, so I'll
    try here.

    I have a simple control that is in a CS file (not ASCX). It is derived
    from DropDownList like this

    public class FiltersDropDown : DropDownList

    It overrides a couple of functions. I want to include this
    FiltersDropDown control in an ASPX file. I know how to use the "@
    register" directive to include an ASCX file, but it doesn't seem to
    work when the control is defined in a CS file. If I put the CS file in
    a library (DLL) I am able to access it, but I don't want to put it in a
    library; I just want to include it in the web site like a regular file.
    I have tried putting it in the root directory of the website, a custom
    subdirectory, or the app_code subdirectory, without any success. Any
    ideas? I am using ASP.NET 2.0

    Thanks in advance,
    John
    Big Daddy, Nov 9, 2006