Question about BandWidth

pers

Hi all
I have a question about a site bandwidth.
For a site with about 4000 users how much bandwidth is needed?
What specification is needed for site?
Where can I get information about site administration?
thanks in advance

Patrice

Depends on how much a single user is using and how many users are busy at
the same time etc...

You'll perhaps find some materials on the admin side.
http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/cc196387.aspx seems to provide
several infrastructure planning and design guides (including an IIS guide) .
You caould alos try an adming grpup rather than a dev group...

pers

Suppose 4000 users can get online at the same time and every user takes
about 30 minutes.

Patrice

This is not how a web app works. For this, the usual architecture is to
queue this work (that could perhaps be done by other machines and scale
those rather than the web server). What kind of job is this (some kind of
file conversion ?)
For bandwidth try http://www.webhostingmenu.com/calculator.html to see which
factors to consider (this is the *size* of an average request/response).

For now it seems not at all a bandwidth problem as your concern seems to be
rather a very high response time (because background processing is triggered
from your web site).

Finally it's likely better to post in an admin group rather than in a
development group...