    What specification is needed for site?
    Where can I get information about site administration?
    thanks in advance

    pers, Jan 2, 2010

  2. pers

    Patrice Guest

    Depends on how much a single user is using and how many users are busy at
    the same time etc...

    You'll perhaps find some materials on the admin side.
    http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/cc196387.aspx seems to provide
    several infrastructure planning and design guides (including an IIS guide) .
    You caould alos try an adming grpup rather than a dev group...

    --
    Patrice

    Patrice, Jan 2, 2010

  3. pers

    pers Guest

    Suppose 4000 users can get online at the same time and every user takes
    about 30 minutes.

    pers, Jan 2, 2010
  4. pers

    Patrice Guest

    This is not how a web app works. For this, the usual architecture is to
    queue this work (that could perhaps be done by other machines and scale
    those rather than the web server). What kind of job is this (some kind of
    file conversion ?)
    For bandwidth try http://www.webhostingmenu.com/calculator.html to see which
    factors to consider (this is the *size* of an average request/response).

    For now it seems not at all a bandwidth problem as your concern seems to be
    rather a very high response time (because background processing is triggered
    from your web site).

    Finally it's likely better to post in an admin group rather than in a
    development group...

    Patrice, Jan 2, 2010