Question about building perl 5.8.6 multi-threaded on Linux

Discussion in 'Perl Misc' started by Tom Williams, Feb 6, 2005.

  1. Tom Williams

    Tom Williams Guest

    Greetings to you all. :)

    I'm trying to find out what my options are for getting a recent/current
    perl release built multi-threaded on my Linux-based server, based on
    RedHat 9 (I believe). I'm running a 2.4.20 kernel and have glibc-2.3.2
    installed.

    When I've tried to build any perl release newer than 5.8.2, I've had
    "make test" fail on the "wait" test, as described in my previous post:

    http://groups-beta.google.com/group..._doneTitle=Back to Search&&d#68af887a91a64e2c

    Is my problem with getting a post-5.8.2 multi-threaded perl build
    successfully built due to a RedHat configured glibc, perhaps, or is
    there possibly something else wrong that is causing me grief?

    Would upgrading glibc (or at least rebuilding glibc-2.3.2) help?

    Thanks in advance for any advice, tips, or information you might have.

    Peace...

    Tom
    Tom Williams, Feb 6, 2005