    maxInvalidPasswordAttempts and so on?

    Thank you

    Evgeny

    Evgeny, Jan 28, 2006

  2. On Sat, 28 Jan 2006 14:06:28 +0200, "Evgeny" <>
    wrote:

    >Hello,
    >I use in ChangePassword web control. The control is connected with a
    >Membership provider that I also has defined.
    >Particularly, there is such property in the provider:
    >MinRequiredPasswordLength
    >
    >As far as I understood this property should control automatically length of
    >of new password that was inputed by user in the control. But it didn't do
    >it. For example, I defined MinRequiredPasswordLength=3, but I succeed to
    >input and change password of any length. So what is expected behavior of the
    >control? How should I use this property and others such as
    >maxInvalidPasswordAttempts and so on?
    >
    >Thank you
    >
    >Evgeny

    You will always be able to make passwords longer than what you have
    set as the minimum. Were you able to set the password to less than
    three characters?

    Comment: A minimum password length of 3 would not be advisable. It
    dramatically reduces the number of passwords possible (at that length)
    and reduces an attacker's count of trial and error possibilities for
    cracking your passwords (at that length).

    Otis Mukinfus
    http://www.otismukinfus.com
    http://www.tomchilders.com

    Otis Mukinfus, Jan 28, 2006